1 graham cracker pie crust or 1 pie crust
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
4 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
^cup cold unsalted butter, cut into chunks
2 1 2/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 teaspoons cognac or 2 1/2 teaspoons Kahlua or 21/2 teaspoons Grand Marnier
1. Melt chocolate in a double boiler set over simmering water.
2. Set aside to cool to thick but still liquid.
3. Combine eggs and sugar in a double broiler until hot but not scrambled.
4. Remove from heat.
5. With a mixer beat the chocolate into the egg mixture, then beat in the cold butter.
6. Beat for 15 minutes–yes 15 minutes–you wanted silk.
7. Beat in vanilla and booze.
8. Scrape the filling into the shell and chill in fridge for at least 3 hours.
9. Serve with whipped cream.