2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
2 large onions, sliced 1/4-inch thick
2 tablespoons butter
2 pressed garlic cloves
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
4 slices toasted French bread
1. Place onions and butter in saucepan.
2. Sauté on medium heat until onions are tender.
3. Add garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes (don’t let garlic burn).
4. Add beef broth, consomme, and Woschershire sauce.
5. Bring to a boil for 1 minute.
6. Take ovenproof bowls (I use over-sized coffee mugs) and place 0.125 cup of cheese in bottom of each bowl.
7. Fill bowl with soup leaving room at the top.
8. Place toasted French bread on top.
9. Top with 0.125 cup Swiss cheese.
10. Place under broiler until cheese is bubbly.
11. Serve immediately.
12. Caution–bowls will be hot!