1⁄2 cups water
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups bread flou
1. Mix together warm water, yeast and sugar and let stand for about 10 minutes.
2. In large bowl, combine yeast mixture with oil, salt and 2 cups of the flour.
3. Stir well to combine.
4. Stir in remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
6. Lightly oil a large bowl and place dough in and turn to coat with oil.
7. Cover with cloth and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
8. Deflate the dough and turn out onto floured surface.
9. Divide dough into 16 equal pieces and form into rounds.
10. Place rolls onto lightly greased baking sheet at least 2″ apart.
11.Cover rolls with cloth and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
12.Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake rolls for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.