1 (5 lb) rump roast
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper (start with 1 tsp)
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
2 instant Oxo or 2 bouillon cubes
2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
1 large onion, diced
1. Place all ingredients in a crock pot.
2. Cook on High for 5-6 hours or Low for 8-10.
3. Remove the meat from the crock pot and place on a deep plate-to collect juices.
4. Strain the broth well so that it is clear and no spices or onions remain.
5. Place in a saucepan and keep warm.
6. Most people prefer to keep the broth as is but you can stir in a small amount of cornstarch mixed
with cold water to thicken it up just a touch.
7. (Remember to add the juices that drain off the meat).
8. Heat Hoaggie buns to warm and slice the meat thin.
9. Place a good amount of sliced meat in each of the buns and offer the Aus Jus in individual