3 -4 lbs beef bottom round steaks or 3 -4 lbs rump roast
2 envelopes onion soup mix
3 cans beef broth
1 (12 ounce) can beer
1 small onion, quartered
12 italian rolls or 12 kaiser rolls
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place roast in a large roasting pan.
3. Combine soup mix, broth and beer in a bowl and stir until soup mix is dissolved.
4. Pour over roast and place onions around it.
5. Bake for 2 to 3 hours, basting frequently, or until beef is tender and looks stringy when pulled with a fork. 6. If roast starts getting too crispy, cover pan with foil or lid.
7. Slice meat thinly and serve on rolls.
8. Serve juices in individual cups or bowls to dip sandwiches into.