1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
1 medium onion, sliced into rings
3 teaspoons butter salt and pepper
6 teaspoons milk
1 pinch paprika
1. Put the potato slices to soak in cold water.
2. Put the onion rings into a bowl.
3. Cover with plastic wrap, and pierce.
4. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
5. Grease a five cup casserole dish with a little of the butter.
6. Layer the drained potatoes and onions in the dish, starting and finishing with the potatoes.
7. Season each layer with salt and pepper.
8. Pour the milk over the potatoes and dot with the rest of the butter.
9. Sprinkle the top with paprika.
10. Cover with plastic wrap, and pierce.
11. Microwave on HIGH for 13 minutes.
12. Rotate half-way through cooking time.
13. Allow to stand, covered, for 5 minutes before serving.