4 -6 slices thick-sliced bread (I use ‘Texas Toast’ bread)
2 eggs, beaten
1⁄4 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. Allow 2 to 3 slices of bread per serving.
3. Trim bread, if necessary, to fit your waffle iron.
4. Beat the eggs, milk, butter, vanilla and cinnamon in a shallow bowl or pie plate.
5. Dip bread in egg mixture, coating both sides.
6. Cook in hot waffle iron until golden brown.
7. Watch closely so it doesn’t get too brown– it doesn’t have to cook as long as waffles do.
8. Serve with desired toppings.