2 cups rice flour (white)
1 cup tapioca flour
3 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons egg substitute (optional)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1⁄2 cups lukewarm water
2 tablespoons fast rise yeast
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
3 egg whites, beaten slightly
1 teaspoon vinegar melted butter, for brushing (optional)
1. In the bowl of a heavy-duty mixer, place flours, xanthan gum, salt, and egg replacer (if used). Blend with mixer on low.
2. In a small bowl dissolve the sugar in the water, and add yeast.
3. Wait until the mixture foams slightly, then blend into the dry ingredients.
4. Add the butter, egg whites, and vinegar.Beat on high for 3 minutes.
5. To form loaves, spoon dough onto greased and cornmeal-dusted cookie sheets in two long Frenchloaf shapes or spoon into special French-bread pans.
6. Slash diagonally every few inches.If desired, brush with melted butter.
7. Cover the dough and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, 20 to 25 minutes.
8. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
9. Remove from pan to cool