butter (for coating pan)
1 (14 ounce) loaf French bread or 1 (14 ounce) loaf Italian bread
1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, cut in small pieces
1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
12 large eggs
2 cups milk
1/3 cup real maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Butter a 13×9-inch glass baking pan generously.
2. Tear bread into one-inch cubes; place half into prepared pan.
3. Evenly distribute cream cheese pieces over bread; cover with blueberries.
4. Place remaining bread cubes on top.
5. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, syrup and cinnamon; pour over bread cubes.
6. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
7. In the morning, preheat oven to 350F degrees.
8. Remove casserole dish from fridge and bake, covered, for 30 minutes.
9. Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top and centre is set.
10. Cut into squares and serve with maple syrup