6 large onions, chopped
1/2 cup butter
6 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed beef broth, undiluted
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3 bay leaves
10 slices French bread, toasted
shredded parmesan cheese
shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a large skillet, sauté onions in butter until crisptender.
2. Transfer to an ungreased 5-quart slow cooker/crock pot.
3. Add the broth, Worcestershire sauce, and bay leaves.
4. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours or until the onions are tender.
5. Discard bay leaves.
6. Top each serving with french bread and cheeses.