1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
8 slices country white bread
1/2 cup half-and-half
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
4 tablespoons butter
1. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar; mix well then stir in the preserves.
2. Spread equally over 4 bread slices. Top with the remaining bread slices, forming sandwiches.
3. In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, half-and-half, and granulated sugar until well combined.
4. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
5. Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, completely coating both sides. Cook 2 sandwiches at a time for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden.
6. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the skillet and cook the remaining 2 sandwiches.
7. Slice each in half diagonally and serve.