1 loaf French bread, sliced 1-inch thick (probably wont need the whole loaf)
6 large eggs
2 cups milk
^teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup brown sugar, divided
1/4 cup butter (or stick margarine)
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
2. Arrange the bread in a single layer in the dish.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add in the milk, nutmeg, vanilla, and 3/4 cup of the brown sugar. Stir well to mix.
4. Pour egg mixture evenly over the bread. Cover and let sit 8 hours or overnight.
5. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
6. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and remaining 1/4 cup of brown sugar, stirring well.
7. Top the egg mixture with the pecans and blueberries, then drizzle on the butter sauce.
8. Bake for 45 minutes until set and golden brown on top. 9. Serve with warm maple syrup.