1 x/2 teaspoons dried yeast
500 g organic strong white bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoons natural sea salt
1 tablespoon honey
25 g organic butter
350 ml milk
1. Put the ingredients into the bread machine. Set to the dough programme and start. Grease a large baking tray & Pre-heat oven to 220C/400°F.
2. Once the dough is ready, turn it out onto a floured surface and punch it down to deflate it. Shape dough into two long “baguette” shaped loaves and place on the baking sheet. Cover loosely with lightly oiled clingfilm and leave to rise for about 30 minutes until doubled in size.
3. Meanwhile, place an oven proof bowl containing water on the bottom of the oven to heat up. (About 250mls).
4. Sprinkle top of dough with flour, then using a sharp knife cut 5 diagonal small slits across the tops of the baguettes.
5. Bake for 15 minutes then reduce temperature to 190C/375F and bake for a further 10 – 15 minutes.
(If they start browning too quickly, cover loosely with foil on top.).
6. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
7. Eat immediately.