2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 cup cold milk
1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix (or use chocolate)
1 cup Cool Whip
1 1⁄4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet to 1/8-inch thickness.
2. Using a shaped cookie cutter of your choice (I prefer hearts), cut out 9 Napoleons per sheet.
3. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
4. (If your dough has become too warm, place in refrigerator to chill. The pastry will not “puff” well if warm.).
5. Bake at 400º for 8-11 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove to wire racks to cool.
7. In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in Cool Whip.
8. Split puff pastry shapes in half.
9. Place bottom halves on serving plates.
10. Spoon filling over each; top with strawberries. I make the points of the slices stick out over the edges.
11. Top with pastry tops. (Add just a dab of filling on top of strawberries so the pastry top will stick.).
12. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
13. Serve immediately.