8 slices homemade-type bread
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter
1. Beat eggs with milk.
2. Stir in sugar, vanilla, orange juice, and salt until well combined.
3. Heat about 2 tsp.of butter in a skillet on medium-high heat.
4. Dip bread in egg mixture and lay in butter.(not you-the bread!).
5. Reduce heat to medium and cook bread a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
6. (My pan holds 2 pieces at a time.) Repeat with remaining bread, adding more butter to skillet, as