4 -5 large russet potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. In a large dutch oven heat oil to 320 degrees.
3. Peel potatoes and EVENLY cut fries into 1/4″ x 1/4″ strips of equal length.
4. Place in a large bowl of cold water as you’re slicing.
5. Drain potatoes thoroughly, removing any excess water.
6. When oil reaches 320 degrees, submerge the potatoes in the oil.
7. Working in small batches, fry for 2 to 3 minutes until they are pale and floppy.
8. Remove from oil, drain, and cool to room temperature.
9. Increase the temperature of the oil to 375 degrees.
10. Re-immerse fries and cook until crisp and golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
11. Remove and drain on roasting rack.
12. Season with kosher salt.
13. Once again this is done is small batches and will need to be kept warm in the oven until all potatoes are fried.